But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.1 Peter 2:9
I was having a conversation yesterday about the increase in people feeling overwhelmed, or unable to cope, as life continues to return to normal. It reminded me how many of our Advocates serve in other roles, as well as their voluntary role with Acts 435, and how they have continued to be busy throughout the pandemic; helping those in need in their communities. This month, please do hold them up in prayer, and ask God to bless their work. Please also pray for energy and motivation for all they do, and for anyone feeling burnt-out or overwhelmed we pray for peace and rest.
We're very thankful to God for:
- A wonderful response to our Larger Gifts Fund appeal. This fund began two years ago, and enables us to give larger gifts to those facing particularly difficult circumstances. Initially it was funded by external grants, but we are hoping to sustain the fund through our network of donors and churches. We're currently at 92% of our appeal target of £40,000, which will enable us to help many more in need.
- A fantastic time with some of our local Advocates at our online Advocate Gathering. It was wonderful to see faces, old and new, and encourage each other in our work with Acts 435. We also ended with a time of prayer and worship, which was really appreciated by all that attended.
- Becka, our Communications Administrator, who has taken on our social media accounts, as well as some other graphic work. She is doing a fantastic job at sharing our work through the different social media platforms, and has a real enthusiasm for the role.
- An article that will be published by the Church of England about our work. Pray for both churches and donors to be encouraged by it.
- The 553 individuals and families who have been helped by Acts 435 Advocates and donors with £65,305 distributed in October, which is even more important at this crucial time.
Please pray for:
- Jenny and Katie as they attend the Jubilee + conference in Manchester on Saturday 6th November. Acts 435 is one of eight stands at the conference, and the theme is 'Moving Beyond Projects' and what churches can step up to do in the wake of the pandemic. Please pray that our work will be an encouragement to many churches to do this, and for new connections with other charities.
- Our Christmas Campaign; "The Gift of Giving". We are encouraging churches to share our work with some brand new leaflets - please pray that many churches will take on the challenge of sharing this campaign with their congregations, and that as a result we might welcome many new donors.
- Our local Advocates, whose workload often increases in the lead up to Christmas time.