The last few days appear to have brought a dark cloud over the UK again as the Prime Minister announced another national lockdown. This news will have an impact on everyone, but the consequences will be felt most by those who are already struggling, unemployed or facing redundancy. We would appreciate your prayer for those who are currently in these desperate situations, or will be in the foreseeable future, and that we're able to reach them through our work. While there is much need throughout the UK at the current time we're thankful to God for enabling us to meet some of these needs through the work of our local Advocates and our generous donors.
We're thankful to God for:
- An increase in donations of 91% over the period May to October this year, compared to the same time last year. This increase in donations has helped us to meet the escalation of need over these months.
- More connections made with other organisations, such as Welcome Churches who seek to help refugees and asylum seekers feel welcomed into churches throughout the UK. We're excited by the possibility of helping more refugees and asylum seekers with Acts 435 requests over the coming months.
- The 543 individuals and families who have been helped by Acts 435 Advocates and donors with over £68,640 in October - we're so thankful for the generosity, especially at this time.
Please pray for:
- Our team as we hold interviews this week for the role of Digital Communications Officer within our Head Office team. Please pray for God to guide us in this appointment.
- A webinar Jenny, our Executive Director, is taking part in on the 5th November in partnership with Together Southwark. The South East is a region we would like to see our network of churches to grow in as we don't have many partners in this area.
- For Emily, our Administration Assistant, who was going to be living in France this year - she has had to return early due to the French lockdown. Please do pray for clarity for her over the year ahead.
- The ever-increasing need throughout the UK, especially during these winter months where heating incurs more costs, for example. Please pray that we can see more partner churches coming on board to reach those that need help in their communities.