Whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life. John 4:14
It's been a very grey and cloudy bank holiday weekend, and as a family we used it as an opportunity to rest from the busy-ness of life. After this pause I am back at my desk (dining table!) and excited about what God has in store for Acts 435 over the next month. We have some events coming up, and are continuing to work on the building of our brand new website. Alongside the excitement however, these prayer bulletins are a good reminder of why Acts 435 exists - to bring hope to those who need it at moments of crisis. So please do join us in praying for those we seek to help. We especially had a lot of individual requests for those who are struggling with addictions, so please lift them all up in prayer.
We're firstly thankful to God for:
- Our Giving Hope Together Event, which happened last month. It was well attended by over 60 supporters, and was an uplifting hour in which we shared more about our work, and some exciting plans for the future. You can still view the event here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIlhpK5ASKk
- A wonderful and productive first meeting with our website developers. Their knowledge and experience was very reassuring, and it was a very helpful meeting.
- A significant breakthrough in Wales, which we have asked for prayer for recently. We have had a church in Cardiff sign-up to partner with us, and are looking at other connections throughout Wales from this contact.
- The final regional sessions with some of our Advocates. We're very thankful that the Advocates found them helpful, and that we were able to encourage them in their role.
- The 648 individuals and families who have been helped by Acts 435 Advocates and donors with £70,300 distributed in April - we're so thankful for their generosity, especially at this time.
Please pray for:
- Emily, our Administrator, who has gone on a short-term placement to France. She will still continue to work for Acts 435 while she is there. Please pray for safety, and that restrictions won't impinge on her plans.
- Our continued meetings, and discussions, with our website developers as we go through the process of re-building the website.
- An event on 11th May where will get to talk to some of our larger donors about how they can become further involved with Acts 435 by giving into our Larger Gift Fund. Please pray this is well received, and that the event will enable us to keep the fund open.
- Our virtual coffee morning on 21st May, which is an opportunity for local churches and charities to hear more about our work.
- A meeting that Katie is speaking at on Friday with a collection of churches from around the London. Please pray for the event, that churches will respond well, and for Katie as she leads her first ever online talk about Acts 435.
- Jenny, as she films a pre-recorded sermon to share with churches. Pray that the right message will come across, and that there will be lots of uptake from churches to share Acts 435 with their congregations on Acts 435 Sunday (11th July).
- Our wonderful Advocates, who we know are continuing to be very busy at the moment. Please pray for strength and energy in all they do.