Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Colossians 3:15
The month of May has been an interesting one for us at Acts 435. We have hosted events, and made some significant steps with our website design. However, as lock-down eased we noticed a decrease in donations, while Advocates continued to post requests for help. This situation meant that we had to reinstate our "five live" rule, which enables our local Advocates to only have five requests live on the website at any one time. However, we're very thankful to God for continuing to provide, and following one of Jenny's twice-monthly emails we had a large flurry of donations, which helped to fulfil many requests on our website - and we could breathe a sigh of relief! However, we would appreciate your continued prayer for donations, especially as restrictions continue to ease.
We're firstly thankful to God for:
- The incredible response from our donors to the most recent mailshot, in which Jenny highlighted the increasing amount of requests on our website. We were overwhelmed to see that over £12,000 was given in just a few hours.
- Opportunities to meet together physically as a staff team, including meeting our newest member for the first time.
- Some fantastic meetings with our website development team as they work on ideas for the new website. We're very thankful that they have captured the feel of Acts 435, and also the needs we have to improve our website for churches, donors and Advocates.
- Our first ever annual report has been released this month and is a brilliant tool in highlighting our work to supporters and donors.
- The 652 individuals and families who have been helped by Acts 435 Advocates and donors with £79,665 distributed in May. We're so thankful for the generosity of our donors who stepped in to help these individuals in crisis, especially as the needs on our website were increasing.
Please pray for:
- An increase in both new donors, and donations, as we seek to be able to help individuals with all the needs that are being posted onto our website. Please pray for fresh ideas about how we can engage with potential donors, as well as continue to engage those who have previously donated.
- Katie and Jenny as they look to engage churches with giving towards our work.
- An event we recently hosted, which was for some of our larger donors. We shared how they can become further involved with Acts 435 by giving into our Larger Gift Fund. Please pray as those who attended consider this invitation to partner with us in this way, and help to keep the fund open.
- Our virtual coffee morning on 24th June, which is an opportunity for local churches and charities to hear more about our work.
- New connections made with a network of churches in Norfolk, as well as links with a local partner in London who is wanting to support the BAME community in her area.
- Katie and Dan as they go to film some of our local Advocates based in Newcastle at the beginning of June. Please pray especially for the brave recipients who have stepped forward to share their story.
- An Advocate in Kent who has recently had his heart surgery postponed. He is finding the situation very stressful. Please pray for peace for him and his family at this time.