Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1
It's snowing quite heavily here in York today, and my children are very excited to go outside and play (after some of their home learning, of course). They're full of expectation of the joy that is to come, and I pray that we can be just as expectant for our work, our Advocates and those we reach this month, as we seek God through prayer.
January is often a quieter month for us as a staff team, but we're very thankful to God for providing enthusiastic churches, hardworking Advocates and generous donors who helped to meet more needs than any other January over the last eleven years of Acts 435.
We're also thankful to God for:
- An increase in churches getting in touch who are keen to partner with us. Please pray that those who have expressed interest will decide to take the partnership forward.
- Our website which, despite our increase in requests and donations, has coped well over the last few months. Please do pray that we can see all our online systems working at their optimal capacity for our donors, Advocates and staff.
- The joint Webinars with Welcome Churches, which were very well received by our Advocates, and also by the Welcome Churches network. Pray for much fruit from those who said they were interested in partnering with us to help more refugees and asylum seekers in their areas.
- Our Advocates, and their churches, who have kept going to provide vital services for those in need, despite the latest lockdown restrictions.
- The 540 individuals and families who have been helped by Acts 435 Advocates and donors with £74,715 distributed in January - we're so thankful for the generosity, especially at this time.
Please pray for:
- Our trustees meeting taking place soon. Please pray for wisdom and guidance as they look towards the future and growth of the charity.
- Emails that Katie has been sending emails to specific areas of the country that have few Acts 435 partners and/or where there is a lot of deprivation; one such area is Lancashire. Please pray that these emails would be noticed, and that we can see an increase in partner churches in these area.
- Our Advocates, especially their health and wellbeing at this time. We have several contact us recently to say that they are recovering from Covid-19.
- Donors to continue to meet the needs that are posted onto our website. But also please pray for new donors to find out about our work, and get on board with this direct way of giving.