For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called: Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6
This prayer bulletin, at the beginning of the Advent season, often asks for prayer for those facing financial difficulty. This year is no different as the need is greater than ever, and we would really welcome your prayer for those who are in need of help and support during this time.
As a charity the requests for help are continuing to increase, and we would appreciate your prayer for our staff team as we manage this workload. Also, more importantly, please pray that donors, who are able to, continue to give to the individuals and families in need.
There is also much to be thankful for during the month of December, especially as we remember the birth of Jesus and the hope that it brings.
Firstly, we're thankful to God for:
- Our donors who continue to faithfully give to individuals and families at this crucial time.
- Further connections made with Trussell Trust, and their food banks as we saw a positive response from an online webinar last week. Please do also pray for a good response to the other webinar taking place today.
- The successful recruitment of a new Digital Communications Officer, called Dan, who is taking the reins of our social media at this busy and crucial time. We're also thankful that it will enable Katie to focus on church and donor partnerships.
- The good recovery of one of our Advocates in Shrewsbury from Covid-19.
- The 614 individuals and families who have been helped by Acts 435 Advocates and donors with £72,585 in November - we're so thankful for the generosity, especially at this time.
Please pray for:
- Our #givehope Christmas Campaign this year. While we often focus on buying another gift for someone in need, it felt more appropriate to ask supporters to give hope to individuals this year. Please pray that this is well received and that donors will give above and beyond what we can imagine so that we can meet all the requests for help during the festive season.
- Our Advocates who are serving the increasing need in their local communities. Pray that they would be able to have a restful Christmas break.
- Our Head Office team at this busy season, especially those processing the requests for help and donations.
- A webinar Jenny, our Executive Director, is taking part in on the 14th December with the St Vincent de Paul Society, which is an outreach ministry of the Catholic Church.
- The ever-increasing need throughout the UK, especially at this time of year when there are more demands on peoples' finances and family lives.
- The sourcing, delivering and fitting of practical items for recipients. A local Advocate has had difficulties with getting carpets fitted due to lockdown and tier systems that are in place. Please do also pray for all the local businesses that often help our Advocates with discounts, or free fittings of carpets/flooring.