In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, LORD, make me dwell in safety. Psalms 4:8
August is often a quieter month for us as a charity, but there is still much need for those who are in poverty or facing crisis; particularly for families who now have children at home during the holidays, and are looking to buy school uniforms for the new academic year. We would appreciate your prayer for our school uniform appeal, as we try to help as many people as possible to get their children ready for the new year with school uniform, PE kit or travel to school. As a charity we have noticed a slowing of donations in recent weeks, especially as restrictions have eased and the world is opening up again. In the last 18 months we have been very encouraged that as the amount of requests being posted on the website steadily increased, so did the donations. However, over the last two months the rate in which requests are being added are still growing, but donations are slowing. Please do pray for us as a team that we can find new ways to engage current and new donors with the continued urgency of the need in the UK.
We're firstly thankful to God for:
- Margaret Sentamu, who has just stepped down as one of Trustees, after serving the charity faithfully for over 11 years. You can read more of her journey with us here: https://acts435.org.uk/blog/our-sincere-thanks.html
- Making it to the summer holidays! As a team we have been very busy over the last 18 months, and we're thankful to have successfully navigated isolation periods (for us and our children). Please pray for rest over these weeks as we spend time with family and friends.
- The successful appointment of a new Administrative Assistant, who will begin in September - we can't wait to introduce them to you!
- The 611individuals and families who have been helped by Acts 435 Advocates and donors with£75,010 distributed in July (including £12,000 of surplus Gift Aid income which we were able to apply to help support the needs).
Please pray for:
- For new connections and openings to inspire more people to give to Acts 435 and step in to help people experiencing such difficult times. Please do pray that we can continue to demonstrate the urgency of requests, which are just as needed as they were during the pandemic.
- Our Board of Trustees. Please pray that they have a restful summer, and pray that as a Board they are able to successfully recruit for new members in the Autumn.
- A new proposal for churches to get involved with what we do through becoming a Donor Church. Please pray for the preparation of this, and that once the idea is launched that many churches will want to partner with us in this way.
- The ongoing development of our new website. Please especially pray for all the testing that we need to undertake to make sure it is fit for purpose.
- Our School Uniform Appeal which we're running throughout the summer so that families can properly equip their children for the new academic term. You can take a look at it here: https://acts435.org.uk/appeal/uniform-2021