There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. Hebrews 12:1
We hope that you have enjoyed the Easter weekend, and have been reminded of God's 'perfect love' at this time. This season has been one of our busiest as a head office team, with our Easter #FreshStart appeal, and many events happening in the upcoming weeks. We would really appreciate prayer for our team, but also our donors and supporters who will engage with these events (more details of these in this email!).
Before we request prayer for our work, we're firstly thankful to God for:
- Our #FreshStart appeal, which enabled over 195 individuals and families to have a fresh start from debt, unemployment and domestic violence, as well as many other situations.
- An increase of interest from individual churches who want to partner with us, and 24 new churches or local charity partners signing up in March.
- Our online Regional Advocates Gatherings, which have been a fantastic opportunity to re-engage with our Advocates, and help them to connect with each other. Please pray for the rest of these meetings throughout April.
- Our involvement in other initiatives, such as a potential Urban Alliance and Unity Movement. That we can be a helpful contributor in these situations, that we can work together for those who are living in poverty and need in the UK.
- The 678 individuals and families who have been helped by Acts 435 Advocates and donors with £79,645 distributed in March - we're so thankful for the generosity, especially at this time.
Please pray for:
- Our donors and supporters. Please pray that they would continue to give to those in need on our website, as our local Advocates post an increasing number of requests for help.
- Our supporter event, Giving Hope Together, which is happening on 13th April. Please pray that it is a great celebration of our work, and an inspiration to our supporters. Please see our website to find out how you can join us for this event: https://acts435.org.uk/blog/giving-hope-together-event.html
- Katie, as she talks to several new connections about how we could work together. Please pray that these conversations are fruitful, and that we can see more churches partner with us.
- Wales, which we have found to be a challenging part of the UK to engage with churches and local charities. Please pray as we explore existing connections, and find new ones, to draw in potential partners in this area.